Friday 11 November 2011

ASTM.2

My much loved 5’8” Double Winged Roundtail may of found itself a new home. This leaves me with a stubby shaped hole in my quiver, which I might just have to fill with something experimental… Time for another Asym I think!

I’ve been riding my first Asym a lot lately, which I’ve found to go great on the toe-side, having plenty of down the line speed and a smooth transition onto the heal during top turns and cutbacks. However, with the pivot point moved to the toe-side I find it lacks some effective rail length and float under my heel. 

To try and solve this issue, I plan on moving the pivot point back to the centre, to retain a fully rounded heel-side outline. To maintain the longer/straighter rail on the toe-side I will move the wide point of the tail block up and out, forming an arctail.

I intrigued to see how the affectivity of the asymmetric tail translates to a wide tail board, which I’m hoping will be quite noticeable (In a good way).

The rest of the board is going to hold a similar foil and rocker to my current stubby, but will have a slight step deck to pinch the rails down, help hide some volume and give it a nice flat deck to drive off.

To be continued…
 


No comments:

Post a Comment