Wednesday 14 September 2011

Tri-Plane Hull (TPH) Stubby


Here’s a new shape I’ve been working on for a while, and after some intensive research and head scratching I think I’m finally there.


This is my take on a user-friendly hull and falls somewhere between an egg and a hull. While it holds many attributes of a hull such as, full plane shape, a hint of S deck, foiled out tail and rolled hull entry, the bottom contours then flow into a tri-plane hull. The tri-plane is easier to surf than deeply rolled displacement hull as it gives flatter planning surfaces to drive off while also providing lift between the front foot and fins. I will be combining these design principles with a modern rail profile with tucked edge to hopefully give a more forgiving hull riding experience.


I can’t wait to start shaping this one, lots curves all over the joint!

No comments:

Post a Comment