Tuesday 6 September 2011

Inflatable Fun

4th Gear Flyer Tracker Roundtail


Here’s my new traveling buddy and latest addition to the ever-expanding WillPowered. I got switched onto these surf mats after see George Greenough ripping it up in Crystal Voyager, ever since I’ve been eager to give one a try and a recently booking backpacking trip to Sri Lanka seems just the excuse that I’ve been waiting for. The great thing about surf mats is you can roles them up and stick them into your backpack with a pair of fins and away you go!


With no real knowledge or experience with these things I decided to got straight to the top and contacted Paul Gross at 4th Gear Flyers. Paul has been designing, building and riding nylon 4th Gear Flyers with Greenough as test pilot since 1984, so what better man to ask. He replied with everything you could ever want to know as about surf mat riding and maintenance and gave me some much needed guidance on which mat was right for me. Big thanks to Paul!


Check out his outstanding work at… 4th Gear Flyers

No comments:

Post a Comment