Tuesday 17 May 2011

Reduce Reuse Recycle


After surfing my first Mini Simmon in some pretty solid waves a couple of weeks back, I was blown away by how well it handled itself. I started thinking I may have been a little conservative with the dimensions (5’8” x 22” 3 3/4”) and made up a new template to ponder over. I deciding to take the plunge and ordered up another blank, only to be rejected by the lack of fish blanks around at this time of year. I tried to put the board to the back of my mind, but as with most boards it didn’t stay there for long.

Starting to feel a little cannibalistic, I grabbed the first board I ever shaped. Ummm... Full outline, chunky rails and flat rocker. After lighting up the template it soon became apparent it would just about fit and within seconds I was hacking off the tail block and ripping off fibreglass.


And here’s the proposed outline
5’4” x 21” x 2 5/8”

No comments:

Post a Comment