Saturday 30 April 2011

ASYM_Concaves



I’ve been thinking about this board for a while now, the whole asymmetrical thing seems to make so much sense. The principle is that you have great control on you toe-side (forehand) than heel-side (backhand). For this reason the asym I’m working on at the moment has a longer rail line for drive and projection on the toe-side. While the backhand rail is shorter and more rounded to assist turning.


This one is a bit of an experiment so I haven’t gone to extreme with the outline. The curve on the heel-side only accelerates after the trailing edge of the front fin. I’m still trying to make up my mind about the fins; I’ll even go safe with a symmetrical thruster/quad or crazy with a keel on the toe and half quad on the heel.

No comments:

Post a Comment